About The Award Scheme
The Leadership Award for Girls (LAG) is an award scheme initiated in 2014 by the Osei-Kusi Foundation (OKF) and implemented in partnership with the Forum of Heads of Girls Senior High Schools (FOHGSHS) in Ghana. The goal of the award is to equip more girls in Ghana with essential leadership skills such as problem solving skills, innovation and self-confidence. The award encourages girls to participate in decision making at all levels, i.e. school, community and the nation at large. Participation in the scheme is open to all girls in Senior High Schools across the country.
The prize for the winning team is GH¢ 5,000. In the long term, the Foundation and FOHGSHS seeks to make the awards scheme an annual event and use it as a platform to provide leadership development for girls, encourage selflessness and innovation among students and the youth at large.
- To provide a platform for development of leadership and problem-solving skills in young girls.
- To encourage innovation, selflessness and volunteerism among young people.
- To impact the school or community in which the selected project will be implemented.
- To drive Ghana towards achieving Millennium Development Goal 3 which is to promote gender equality and empower women.
- Form team(s) of 3 to 5 students (girls) from your school. A maximum of 5 teams per school.
- Identify a social need in your school or its environs.
- Download an application form from the Osei-Kusi Foundation’s website oseikusifoundation.org or click here. Call 0302 965 859 / 0544 00 88 76 or email email@example.com for further assistance.
- Complete, scan and email form to firstname.lastname@example.org or Post to:
- OSEI-KUSI FOUNDATION
O BOX AF 928,
- The deadline is 28 February 2017
Shortlisted teams/schools will be contacted and invited to present their proposals at the FOHGSHS Summer Camp in August 2017. With the support of a panel of judges, the best team will be chosen based on the quality of their proposal, demonstration of good teamwork, leadership skills, innovation and their passion to tackle societal problems.
Benefits To Winning Teams
- Receive GH¢ 5,000 (GH¢ 3,000 to implement their project and GH¢ 2,000 for participants of the winning team).
- Educational materials.
- A plaque.
- Souvenirs from OKF and other partners.
- Heavy media publicity for the team and their school.
Disbursement of Funds
Disbursement of funds will be made in installments through the duration of the project and based on evidence of progress of the project.